"Sure, anyone can love. But in the end, how many of us actually will?"

-Stephen H. Kwon-

Tuesday, March 8, 2011

What reflections and connections can you make with this novel?

I still remember when I was only in second grade and my dad told me that we were going to move to China. He said that we had to go to China because of "God's calling". Of course, at that time I had no idea what that meant or what a China even was! All I knew was that I was going somewhere because my dad was. It wasn't until much later that I figured out why I was there. It was because just like the Sawi tribe, the Chinese people don't have much of an opportunity to hear about Jesus. The Chinese government is against missionaries coming into their country and sharing the gospel and would kick out anybody with that intention. However, my parents were still faithful and willing to do whatever the Lord wanted them to do. As I began to mature, I began to realize that the world didn't revolve around me and I had to start caring and show love towards people so that they could see the love of God in me. I began to realize that even though I was just a kid, that I had a big part in all of this. I felt a great connection with this novel because of the fact that I, myself was a missionary kid and had similar experiences. It made me reflect on my past experiences as a missionary kid and taught me much about sacrificing my wants to help those around me in need. 

No comments:

Post a Comment